Sunday 15 November 2009

Loving that buzzing adrenaline kick!

Another week. I have absolutely no idea where my precious time disappears to, but it just does.

Second week of WINOL running. And it was miles better than the first week. I mean yes, there are still a million and one things to improve, but at least the buzzing adrenaline team spirit was there and it felt like everyone tried to do their best, to help anyone who might need some extra help and stressing their sweaty foreheads off to get everyone done in time. And we had a complete bulletin in the end.



I managed to complete two packages, one regarding unemployment in Winchester and one about Armistice day at the University of Winchester at 11am, on 11/11. Was definitely a good thing to do the 11/11 package because that meant quite a lot of pressure since this took place on the actual day when the bulletin was to be broadcasted so I had to focus and test my so far half-existing knowledge about all the different elements that come with producing a package. I'm feeling more and more comfortable with the editing, it's not as hard as I first imagined it to be, but my camera skills (sound and light, focus and whitebalance etc etc etc) are yet to be improved by miles. But I'll get there, eventually...



It was another stressful week, but this time I loved it more than I didn't which is a step in the right direction. And, I really do enjoy working with people who are aiming towards the same main aim as you, and want things to get done, working with the same spirit as me to get there.

Tomorrow a new week awaits with new challenges. For example, I was thinking of recording one of my interviews tomorrow at CaffĂ© Nero's in Winchester but after a phone call to confirm what their policy was, I realised that I can't afford spending £250 for an interview (never knew it could be that expensive to film in a cafe!).. Learn something new everyday!

This week I will try to get my homelessness package together, where I have got one interview sorted out already for tomorrow, and another hopefully on its way. I can see it making quite a good package. But I guess I have to wait and get it judged by my news editor before celebrating too much.

Yeah well, research for next week now, and then Sunday lunch and a walk in the weather, since I think I can go out today with the wind sweeping me away halfway around the world.

Come Monday, come new challenges!!
Maddie

No comments: