Saturday 21 November 2009

Sunny memories..


Aaaah! Where's the summer when I need it? I need sun. I need blue skies. I need white fluffy clouds. I need all these elements to inspire me. To feel awake. To feel alive. And, it's raining outside. It's gray. Probably gonna be pitch black in an hour. Yeys. At least in Sweden there used to be snow that lit up the ground and brought something extra to the non stop darkness surrounding us.

This summer I went to Spain with my boyfriend and three of his mates. We spent a week just outside Alicante in a very nice house, had access to two swimming pools and made good use of a car that we rented for the week. We went exploring the nature, which was absolutely beautiful. Made sure we tried all food being served in the area. One night getting lots and lots of different seafood to have our own barbeque party as the sun set over Alcalali.
We also went to a theme park, which was a bit of a disappointment after visiting Disneyland in Paris a couple of years ago. But most of the time we just spent lazying around by the pool, reading books, playing games and just being randomly silly. One of the highlights of the week was us playing water cricket. I was absolutely amazing!

The last days we went to Barcelona to be able to call ourselves cultural once back in England again. Our main aim for this excursion was to visit Nou Camp, since all five of us are massively into football. Even though Spanish league football never have been that interesting for me, I had heard that this arena was supposed to be some extraordinary. And true enough, it was hugely impressive! We spent hours and hours walking around the arena, scouting the museum, turning over price tags in the shop and ending up not buying a single souvenir due to the extreme prices.

We did have a great time. And when I'm waking up on days like these, seeing that the rain is pouring down over Andover, the grey mist devouring the few yellow leaves that still swing in the gloomy emptyness - that's when I open my photo albums and think back on the brighter days when life was much more inspiring. More fun. Interesting. Perfect. Or well, as perfect as it can get :)

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Hello my Maddie
Yes we juse to have snow here in Sweden, but what can I say...its raining , raining and again its raining...I hope that we can produce som of the white stuff for chrismas and your stay here. At least for R.s sake.

love Mum