Friday 12 February 2010

Winol - week 1 semester 2

Oh my God. Most intense, confused, stressful edition so far of Winol I would say. This due to the fact that all of us changed roll for this week and everyone was getting introduced to totally new things than they did last semester, and yeah it does take a little time to get into it if you've never done it before and haven't got a clue what you're doing..

When I chose to go for the role as director I knew it was going to be hardwork - but not that tough! Cue - Roll VT - Standby VT - Move camera 1 to reposition presenter - Move presenter during next VT - Camera 1 for handover in 10 seconds - waaaaah! I am surprised that I came out of the this production alive - but at least now all we can do is get better.

After the bulletin went live I felt absolutely rubbish and disappointed. Even though I kept hearing that I had been doing a great job for a first attempt, I couldn't help but feeling low and gloomy about it all. It took me hours before I could look back on what we all had managed to pull together from scratch and actually see that what we did was not too bad, and the final production was better than I first thought it was.

Saying this, yes there are so many things we need to get better at, and firstly and mostly I'd say planning and working as a team need to work better than it did this week. Winol isn't something one individual can get together and broadcast on his own, it's all about being a team - which we kept repeating til our ears were bloody on Wednesday afternoon. And I think coming out of this - what everyone thought - disaster, we will do miles better next week. It's all about experience - and boy, did I gain experience and knowledge about things I never thought I was able to do myself this week!

Roll on week twoooo!

And don't forget to tune in here for your news concerning Winchester and Hampshire!

No comments: