Monday 8 February 2010

Ready, Stea(u)dy ... Semester Two!

Year two, semester two - time IS flying!

I'm now into my second semester of my second year as a journalism student and cannot believe that means I'm actually halfway through this course! Time to reorganise WINOL and get assigned to new tasks, exciting and terrifying! After last years stress and struggle as a news reporter, I decided to try my luck as a sub-editor/director to be able to gain some more knowledge in how to actually handle the productive side of things, for example uploading stories, both text and video to the web, getting all the technical bits and pieces together to be able to produce a finished bulletin at 5pm every Wednesday... I'm looking forward to my new role, and will hopefully feel as if I gain as much new experience as possible throughout these weeks before the Easter holiday that's coming up in March/April.

This semester we've decided to focus on the news and sports, and produce video stories and text stories (for the web bulletin and the site) and keep the website up to date with what is going on around us and effects us everyday - to do this we have cut out the features that we tried to keep up with last semester. Luckily, the third years are gonna focus on keeping the features alive on our website through he feature magazine, LIFE, that can be found on the website as well.

Hopefully there will be time to cooperate with both the news and sports team throughout this year, so that I can develop my skills with technical equipment, get even more news sources, new ways of looking on stories and so on, to provide me with a wider and deeper understanding in how the entire news organisation works.

I am very much looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Oh is it really 1/2 time yaaaaa I soon have my doughter back?? =0) OR???
MAmmA