Tuesday 15 December 2009

Do they know it's Christmas time at all?


I really can't get into that Xmassssssy mood that I usually tend to find weeks and weeks before it actually starts. But this year I can't find it. I've got a tree. With lots of red and black and gold and green in it. It's not real cause I manage to kill everyting that is alive within my flat - kudos to Rich who's still alive - so it was decided last year that we keep a tree that can be stuffed under our bed year after year.

Maybe I have not been able to find the festive spirit due to the really stressful time I've been through with Uni. Don't get me wrong, this semester has been the best one ever and I cannot remember last time I enjoyed going to school or Uni as much as I've done. Working our butts off with all different kinds of practical ways to learn how to be journalist have been brilliant. I have not only managed to get lots of new contacts, explored areas I have never been interested in before and gained new knowledge when it comes to technical devices that earlier in my life have scared me more than anything else. All I have been able to do previous to this is play video games and write emails, now I feel as a pretty decent editor who can actually puzzle together quite a nice little package in not very much time at all.

Today when I got back from Uni I realised that it's actually only two - TWO - more Uni days before I go back to see my dear family in the snowy country Sweden. Should be absolutely great. And, I think snow might do the trick. Snow, xmas carols and glögg (kind of similar to mulled wine but not quite, get some from IKEA now and enjoy with gingerbreads).
The best things about Christmas this year are that I will be celebrating it in Sweden with my family and friends and my Rich is coming over with me to see how a Swedish (real) Christmas is celebrated (don't worry, you won't miss out on it, will add photos here as soon as possible). All the lovely food, the stupid traditions (such as watch Donald Duck and the other epic Disney classics at 3pm on the right Christmas day which is the 24th!), listening to awful Christmas carols that everyone seems to love during a few days every year and eating my mums gorgeous rice porridge. I know, it sounds weird but it's looovely! Yummy. Worth waiting a year at a time for!

Anyway, I'm gonna try to finish off my critical reviews before the holidays so that I can fully enjoy spending time with my loved ones in a couple of days time:)

Oh and by the way, I want a mince pie. Anyone? Please?

No comments: