Monday 19 October 2009

Robert Fisk - Conversations with History

I would strongly recommend everyone who is interested in how a journalist lives, works and survives in a war zone to watch this interview with Robert Fisk. This is a recording from 2006 where Mr. Fisk describes what he has been doing throughout his career and how 30 years as a Middle East correspondent, for the Independent, has shaped and formed him to be who he is today, both as a journalist and as a private person.

As a journalist trainee, I found it very inspiring to listen to Robert Fisk as he is a man with lots of experience and when he talks about his life there is a passionate drive that explains how he has managed to get as far as a journalist as he has. But alongside with the passion there is also an anger that seems to drive him that extra bit further to make his stories something special. Something extraordinary.

So like I said, watch it. Now.

2 comments:

Madeleine Klippel said...

And, if this appeals as much to you as it appealed to me, read his book 'The Great War of Civilization'.
Thanks Chris for introducing me to Robert Fisk. I think I've just found a major source of inspiration!

Elisabeth said...

Nice my dear one...a lots of interesting things even for your mum...=)